Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Celebrities and Body Image

It never ends! Generations pass, movies are made and new stars are born. However, one constant that remains is celebrities that are obsessed with their body image. This is somewhat understandable with all the TV shows and paparazzi keeping track of their every move, but when did it get out of control? In 2006, Actress Lindsay Lohan “acknowledged to Allure that her rickety state from the year before didn't "look healthy. I kind of didn't realize that. ... It was an attention thing, too. You start to wonder if your friends are your friends because you look a certain way."" Lohan has also been quoted confessing "I knew I had a problem and I couldn't admit it.” Even Kate Winslet said, "There's always going to be a part of me that worries about not looking as slim as other actresses."
Read full article

No comments: